..

Whispers From My Heart

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Old man





I’m already an old man at heart,
For my own pace is not worldly…
And I hide my grey hair,
Behind a tarnished personality..

While kids of this world,
Both young and pretty old…
Follow their own definition,
Of a new found love…
Obsessed and charmed with,
Humor I’ll never know…
And a new fashioned love,
that soon grows old….

My back does not slouch,
But my attitude does….
As I look in disinterest,
While these kids have fun…

My own world is,
Black and white…
Where a lover sings songs,
In a moonlit night…
Where the laughs are mindless,
And the jokes are stupid,
Where nobody really hides,
An impression-oriented motive…
Where the clouds may move on,
But the skies of love remain..

I try to belong,
Try to hide,
In this world outside…
But in the silent nights,
The tired old man in me,
Breathes out a sigh….




[Image Courtesy - http://bit.ly/HmaFtE ]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am older than you but have always felt this way amongst those my age. You expressed how I feel, so eloquently.

Anonymous said...

True emotions...True Words...

Anonymous said...

wow, it's really amazing how you arrange words in such a way that convey difficult emotions so beautifully.. it's a little funny how age ceases to matter once we begin to understand how we really are and how the world is. i think, to be honest, age is really just a friggin' number.. i mean i feel like a 45 year old woman in my head.. seen all, seen enough.. disappointments, excitement, the madness and rush of it all.. ha.. it's like the biggest irony in life..
:)